A period of lull....

I was rather going through a period of lull as I haven’t posted anything since I am back from India.
December 2009 was one of the best holidays. Meeting everyone I love was great. Whether for 20 minutes or an entire day; Mumbai or Calcutta, I made it a point to make the best our of the time I had taken off from work.








The best times were those spent with Mom, Dad, Shailauunty, Sahanakka, Kitty and Minty. One person who made the trip worth everything was my nephew Saashu. He is the cutest and smartest kid in my family. Glad I got some quality time to spend with him. Mangalore was super fun. Kitty looked gorgeous as a bride. I loved both the not-so-shy Manglorean bride and the radiant Bangla bride look. Minta, Akki and me successfully performed on Thoda Thoda Pyaar for her reception.

Of course as usual we went to the Taneerbaave beach late at night and had to bear the shoutings of my mom and aunt for taking a bride to be to the beach at 11:00 in the night! Well, some fun is worth all the shoutings ;)


After the wedding left with Sahanakka, Vijayjij and Saashu for a roadtrip from Mangalore- Kerala-Bangalore. We stopped at coffee estates, took chai breaks and enjoyed the scenic drive.


Time at Velliammas home in Kerala was so nostalgic. Remembered Amma and Mallapapa's house in Mangalore. She served us traditional Keralite fare. I was amazed how well Saashu speaks both in Tulu and Malayalam with no mistakes whatsoever.





Bangalore as always, was fun fun and more fun. This time though it was a bit different kind of fun. Being an aunt to my naughty nephew is no less fun than going to Casa or Nilgiris with Sahanakka. Talking to him and learning from him as well.





From there I headed to Calcutta for Kitty's wedding reception from her in-laws side. This was one part of the holiday I was so looking forward to as I had not been there since I was five. The puchkaas, gur-walleh rasgullas and Singadas with chai in claypots are my favorite. Sahanakka and Shailaunty lived there for 15 years so aunty spoke to everyone in bengali which gave the localite advantage. Kittus in-laws are really nice bunch of people. They welcomed us well and fed us so much!!! The day before we left and all ceremonies done with we paid homage to the famous Howrah bridge and took the classic open boat ride,  ate some more puckkaas and bid farewell.

Of course being at home in Mumbai with mom dad was the bestest part of this trip. Met everyone I wanted to. Sri and Heena were absolute darlings. Kari-Kaush get married. You guys are made for each other.

Was glad that amidst all these plans I could attend Ramya's wedding. I truly missed aunty during the ceremony. Without her it felt incomplete. Although we knew she was around. It was ironic that the two weddings I attended - Ramya and Kitty lost their mothers to cancer. Both were extremely close and pampered by their mothers. Both born in July. Both my darlings. Missed Shantiaunty and Jyotiaunty equally at their respective ceremonies. Losing one's mother is the most tragic loss ever. Selfishly, I wish Mom never leaves me. I can't imagine life without her.

Spent the entire month of January going through photographs and missing everyone.

Comments

Popular Posts