Happy Birthday Arjun!

Arjun was my closest friends in Shari. We had great times together. Good and Bad. Both he and my Sayi always thought differently. With their company I realised that I myself liked to live differently. Not exactly a rebel, somewhere in between. I have lived life in my terms most of the times. It is what I call a younger sister advantage! Although my decisions are greatly influenced and dependant upon my family's happiness, I have made choices where I am answerable to the consequences.



Anyway, I remember the first year of Shari when it was only me and Arjun. We did a lot of photo assignments together. Drank tapri chai, ate missal, chugged beer and laughed like maniacs. He always encouraged me to shoot more and make it big. He also knew about my love for Jaideep Oberoi, the heartthrob photographer I had a major crush on.

Arjun also introduced us to the Chisty family. The family that runs the famous dargah of Ajmer. Wasim, Amaan, Tahera, Wasim's parents, Amaan's mom, Salim.  Amaan's mum would make these amazing breakfasts with three kinds of eggs, kheema, rotis which kept us all charged up for the whole day of shoots at the Pushkar mela. And when we were back home, dinner would be on the table! the visit to the dargah was very special followed by a huge dinner at Wasim's home. They have these Masakalli birds as pets. Gorgeous white pigeons.

More lunches and dinner and love was followed. Such hospitality is unforgettable. Rajasthan gets really chilly in the winter. We would light bonfire inside a pot and sit around it on the guest house terrace singing songs and talking silly. The most amazing Pushkar and Ajmer days. Rajasthan holds a special place in my heart because of these guys.

I have a list of things I wouldn't imagine ever doing again which I have experienced with you and Sayi
  • Chugged beer like a true beer-queen
  • Took in tons of second-hand smoke
  • Learnt to roll a joint.
  • Started enjoying Pink Floyd music
  • Learnt to make and drink flaming vodka shots
  • And photograph more by breaking the creative boundaries. Love you guys.
And on your birthday I  dedicate Booze cake recipe your way.
A dedication for the times spent with you at Sundance cafe and being my best friend in Shari

Comments

  1. Pari...I had not seen this! I did today and I must say...Im truly touched!
    Really I have no words! You really are special to me and Arjun both and you will always remain precious...
    Wish I could hug you right now!:) Miss you a lot poi moi..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts