Very Merry Christmas

Wish you all a merry Christmas. I hope Santa delivered your gifts safely :)

I have been away for a while as it has been a busy December. Our friend Abhi was here for a week. We  met six months after their move to sunny Santa Barbara. Missed Niti though as she is currently a  hired baraati for weddings back in India. It's refreshing to have a friend stay with you. Away from home, they are the family you choose. The week flew by and was sad to see him go. But being on the same coast makes it easier to see each other again.

Although I cooked quite a bit when he was here, I didn't blog any of the recipes. So today's post is about the Christmas cookies I baked a a week and a half ago!


My first attempt in baking these cookies was not very satisfactory. The icing was a bit runny to make good looking cookies. To make these cookies, you need a really good recipe for sugar cookies. I referred to to this one.




For the icing, I mixed powdered confectioners sugar and milk and dropped colors where required. Get good quality food colors for the icing. Gel based ones are better. I got red, yellow, purple and green.

The first cookie for my friend Karin who give me loads of tips on  baking cookies. 

Mixed colors to get the dark brown of the eyes and orange for the nose. It was really fun icing these cookies. But I didn't manage to ice all of them on time. Just around twenty. Will blog a more detailed post on icing next time (when I get it  right that is).

Fast-forwarding to today, Santa did come to our home virtually in the form of  my nephew Daivik. Jij's family is visting them so they all celebrated his first Christmas in style. Lots of gifts for him under the tree. Loved checking my sisters Facebook album. Christmas is such a lovely time. So much cheer. Collecting memories one by one. Here is the pic of the mommy and son. Thinking of you all on this special day...

Merry Christmas from my nephew :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts