Roasted Masala Chickpeas

Like most women I love grazing while watching telly. Instead of chips, this time I decided to go with a homemade option for some guilt-free snacking! I have baked these a couple of times previously for parties and it is one of those budget-friendly, healthy and quick to prepare snacks you can bake and store for around two weeks.

The main ingredient is a permanent member of our kitchen pantry - canned boiled chickpeas. We make sure to get tons of them to store away for its shelf life and versatility. Always handy to cook some quick chole masala or a hummus dip. Today I baked a batch with Indian masalas. Currently enjoying a handful with my evening chai as I type. :)

Did you notice the book? It was a gift for my birthday. I have just started reading it. 
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Empty two cans of boiled chickpeas or around two mugs of freshly boiled ones into a bowl.


Add red chilli or cayenne powder, ground coriander, turmeric, garam masala and chaat masala powders to the golden peas. Finish off with some salt and lime juice. Drizzle some olive oil and toss well.


Line up some parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Spread out the chickpeas evenly. Bake them for 15 minutes. Take the sheet out. Give it a good shake, and bake for another 10 minutes before taking it out of the oven. Cool the chickpeas for around 10 mins. This step is important as it adds the yummy snacky crunch to the peas. That's it. Simple and easy.

While serving, I like to add some freshly chopped coriander and red peppers or green chilli peppers to add an extra zing.

Comments

  1. I need to try this one out! Looks so good. Never thought of roasting these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks the mustard seeds! Wish I knew your name. Loved your blog.

      Delete
  2. Pari splendid photography as always. Please do keep sharing such low fat, healthy snacking ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnks Gayu :) Will definitely post some more healthy snacking ideas!

      Delete
  3. very delicious..You have a wonderful blog...
    Happy to follow you dear.Do visit my blog in your free time.
    http://www.foodydelight.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts