Mini Bourbon Cookie Parfait

A bunch of us girls meet once in a month to catch-up on a much needed girlie time. We started this in November 2011 and have had loads of fun till now. This month it was my turn to host. Since it was Ekta's birthday week, I wanted something dessertie but not a traditional cake. So I made mini parfaits with chocolate mousse, whipped cream and a favorite cookie amongst us Indians - the Bourbon Biscuit!

I am sure I can be neater at layering than this. Someday. Someday
I put around six of these cream biscuit/cookies into a coffee grinder to form a granular powder. You can replace these with Graham crackers or Oreos. For the cream between the parfait layers I used a store-bought spray can version.

Our Indian fix from Seattle's Apna Bazar includes a pack of these cookies!
For the mousse I followed Nigella Lawson's (yes yes i do love her) heavenly eggless Instant Chocolate Mousse recipe as one of my girlfriends is a vegetarian.You can also replace it by any favorite mousse or pudding recipe.

To layer the shot glasses, first pipe in some mousse, then add in the cookie powder, whipped cream and finish it off with some more mousse. Sprinkle on the cookie powder and bling it up for celebration with some string. Refrigerate the glasses for at least 2 hours before serving.


 Happy birthday to our dearest Ekta. I am glad to have girlfriends like you :)


Do you like these glasses? 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts