Slow start to a very fast moving year

Time is flying this year. With a new profile at my workplace I have had no time to breathe. And that has taken a toll on my blog. All I want to do in the weekend is shut off and unwind. Why has life become so fast-paced?

A poem by William Henry Davies called Leisure keeps popping up in my head these days. 'What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare'. It made no sense back then. But now it soo soo does! But then Mr. Davies would not have been working in a similar work environment right? He wrote poems. How could HE be so busy?

Waking up tired is not my idea of a weekday. So in an attempt to resolve it I have been trying a  routine of deep breathing followed by drinking a glass of fresh veg+fruit juice. It does give me that wake-up kick which caffeine doesn't. 

If you read my blog you already know that my 21-day cleanse died in two days. But I haven't given up on that. Planning to give it another go. So yeah, juicing wise I have been pretty consistent with morning juicing. My favorite concoction is a Green Smoothie with Fruit consisting of Kale, Spinach, Apple and Pineapple. Just dump in handful of baby spinach, kale leaves, de-seeded oranges and diced apples into a blender or juicer. No sugar, salt or masala. The result is a glass or two of pure energy. It is super yum and super healthy. It has to be strained. If you have a juicer great. But I use my faithful desi blender to make my favorite concoctions and use a muslin cloth or a large wire strainer to strain off the liquid. It does the job and plus I don't have all that fiber wastage.

Give juicing a shot. Replace one meal for an amazing dose of fresh nutrients.

Comments

Popular Posts