Rutuja Diwekar - Challenge 2012?

When I saw Kareena Kapoor look her best in 'Jab We Met', I was really curious to know what she had done to lose all that extra weight. This was way before all the hype of her size zero figure in 'Tashan'

As some of you already know, I am a Bollywood sucker. Yes I love all the Koffee with Karan's and big banner productions with the extra drama, unbelievably rich families living in mansions and sleeping with their make-up on actors. The recent Netflix addiction proves it. Fortunately in Seattle we have got friends who dig Bollywood as well. So catching a Hindi flick is easier than I had imagined.

Back to 'Bebo'. Slowly the truth about her weight-loss unfolded. She went public with her diet and exercise plans plus played an active role in marketing her nutritionist, Rutuja Diwekar's book. My mind doesn't completely agree with the fact that she didn't go under the knife to get where she is. But I fell into the media trap and bought myself a copy of Ms Diwekar's book, 'Don't lose your mind, lose your weight'. Of course like the fate of most books in our shelf, it was never read for a long time.


Two years after gathering dust, I finally gave it a cover-to-cover read in the first week of January 2012 and slowly started applying her methods. More than anything else, these days I feel energized and alert! Not sure whether it is the wake-up fruit instead of chai or no eating after 7pm. The biggest challenge for me is the portion size. I still have to win that fight.

Personally, her book has proven way better than the thousands available. A) Because it really talks about lifestyle change and concentrates on eating than starving. Small, frequent meals. B) Explains the importance of workouts with diet and doesn't propagate on dieting alone C) And the most important being, I relate to the food she talks about. Mostly consisting of the food I grew up eating. I don't mind eating lean meats and salads in my meals. In fact I love them. But often, I crave the simple ghar ka khana. And it is all allowed! Rice, roti, paneer and even the occasional slice of pizza! This is why the book hit the right spot for me. I can eat! Written mainly for the desi audience, with garnishings of Hinglish, it is almost like a friend talking over coffee. Without the sugar and cream of course ;)

Now that it is out in my blog, I have a bigger challenge. Will I reach my goal by simply following this book? The lazy person who dominates 90% of my life says No! But a small squeaky voice says Yes! go for it.

So challenge on!

Gayu, your post pushed me to post this. Thanks for the indirect motivation!

Comments

  1. very very inspirational...I heard from a friend of mine to eat only fruits till 10 in the morning and i was like what?!...but after reading this, know where it was coming from.

    Glad to have found you at blogadda. your newest follower and a regular visitor now
    cheers,
    Kajal@ http://purplechronicle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kajal. Now following your blog too!
    BTW Rutuja recommends you eat your fruit first thing in the morning. After half an hour you can have your regular breakfast. Mainly breaks the chai habit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pari, Thanks for this copy. I will also pick up my copy and see if I can follow her diet instructions. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts