Easy Canapés

This saturday while hosting GaGa's birthday with Ambika I  created two kinds of canapés in my style! Had spotted cute little toasts in Fred Meyer. They are bite-sized (with almost the Indian rusk kind of texture) that can be topped with almost anything you have in your kitchen and still look fancy. The other one I picked up was a loaf of mini Pumpernickel bread which is a slightly sweeter version of Rye bread.

Here is what the Curried Chickpeas on Mini White Toasts looked like and if you scroll down you shall spot the Cream Cheese with Chives on Mini Pumpernickel bread. Looks nice?


For curried chickpeas on toast, take one can or a cup of cooked chickpeas and crush it roughly with a masher or a spoon. Add 1/4 cup of plain yogurt, a little olive oil, cumin powder, coriander powder, curry powder, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Squeeze in the juice of half a lemon and add finely chopped coriander. Combine the mixture and set aside till your guests are about to arrive. 


Spoon in tiny portions of this into the toasts and add a disc of any salady vegetable to give a fresh bite. I used slices of a mini radish. You can use celery or cucumbers instead. A tiny coriander leaf completes the look. 

For the cream cheese and chives version, mix light cream cheese with freshly chopped chives. Spread it on the slices. Add a slice of cucumber and place some chives on top.


If there were enough seafood lovers in the party, I would have loved to add some smoked salmon on top of the cucumber. Also, if you dont find fresh chives you can replace it with equally complementing fresh dill.


The good part about both these party snacks are they are easy on your waist and are fairly budget-friendly. So go on and try these for your next party.

The cucumber and chive add a zing to the cream cheese base

Make sure you line them up properly unlike me!!

Ignore the messy arrangement. I should have lined them properly!

Comments

  1. when I look at your blog . .I get very hungry !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staney! so good to hear from you. Well. if the pictures make you hungry then yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I'm not one for making appetizers, but I might have to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pari...I made ur curried chickpeas for a dinner I had today. Was a great idea for amuse-bouche.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts