Mobile Muri


Gaurav got this Moblile Muri from Calcutta. I am so fascinated by the packing that I had to blog it. Muri is what we call Sukha Bhel in Mumbai. It is also called Churumuri in Bangalore and Charmuri in Mangalore. The mustard oil in the Calcutta Muri makes it different from the coconut oil version in Mangalore. I love them all!

The cool packaging of the Mobile Muri reminded me of Sanju bhel-wallah. He would sell Rs.5 packets of this yummy evening snack in the ladies compartment of the 5:00pm Harbour Line local train from Andheri to Dockyard Road. The greedy ones like me would always ask him, 'Bhaiya ek aur puri do.' :)

Comments

  1. I'd forgotten about Sukha Bhel!! Muri prolly comes from the word "kurmura"

    ReplyDelete
  2. can u plz tell me where can i find this product..??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell the place where in kolkata I will be getting mobile muri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please tell the place where in delhi i will be getting mobile muri

    ReplyDelete
  5. you can always order Online www.homeasy.in

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts