Happy Birthday Akki

January 1 has always been Akki's birthday more than New Year's at my place. Birthdays were always big. Mom made sure we had the best ones no matter what. I still remember Akki's 10th birthday. I am not going to post pictures because I look like a complete moron. To give you an idea, 'Aashiqui' movie was a big hit then and Akki wore the infamous bow shaped hair clasp and I have this super dumb smile in all of them!! Yes you got the picture! Clothes aside, it was still the best birthday. Food was always the most important part of any occasion at the Salians (still is). Mum made something special for each of our birthdays. This particular birthday she made homemade vanilla ice-cream and served them in cones. It was a novel idea then in our very humble M.I.G colony. She also gave her signature take-away packets of extra wafers, cake and samosas for each guest neatly sealed with her candle-method (will show you someday). It is amazing to see how she managed the parties in a budget.

As we moved to Dockyard Road, we had better parties and more celebrations. I remember running home from our colony's New Year bash (which according to me were the best!) for a quick cake cutting at midnight with Mum, a very sleepy Papa and our star. She would get most of the gifts at 12:00am, but Mum would save something special for the second cake cutting session on Jan 1. My sexy sister partied like a rockstar. While I would be in the colony, she would have amazing plans with her college buddies, but at 12:00am she'd magically turn up at home and then continue her plans later.

No matter how hungover we would be, Mum would drag us out of our beds next morning and push us to the bathroom to shower and get ready for the ritual visit to the Mahalaxmi temple and a smaller community devastana near Saath Rasta. I and Dad would mostly look forward for the breakfast after the darshan and hannukai. Today I really miss the whole routine. It was a very very special family time.

Hottie celebrating her last birthday before tying the knot!!
Anyway, wish you a very Happy Birthday Akki. To the best dancer, shopoholic (Westside's loyal Gold customer!!),  rockstar and a darling sister. Love you. And also to a sister who some my guy friends were crazy about (sex on toast, bomb-shell, hottie etc. are few words I recollect ;D). I hope you dont leave your wild side even as a mommy.

Party on!!

Comments

  1. Thank you vi for such a lovely post... Somehow I am not able to view the media file uploaded... Really miss the celebrations at our home... They were the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sexy indeed! Happy Birthday cousin:)!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts