Eat that Sushi with your hands

I have been eating Sushi the wrong way....or more the American way! If that's what you do as well watch the following two videos

The first video is kind of a spoof for those who plan to eat Sushi/Sashimi in Japan or an authentic Japanese restaurant where you typically sit on stools around the Sushi chef or 'Taisho'. It is quite entertaining but the underlying tips are useful. After watching this video I would NEVER mess with a Taisho. Simply pop-in the sushi and smile ;)


The second one is a more genuine 'how to' video when you are at a Japansese restaurant and a waiter gets the Sushi to your table. This is where I go wrong. I have always mixed wasabi and soy in the tiny condiment bowl and picked sushi with chopsticks. I love it that way. But I might try using the chef's tips and eat the desi style. Haath se khao and lick your your fingers as well. Majja!


Of course there are no rules to eating. No one stops you from eating sushi with a fork. This post is for people like me who look disgustingly at people eating dosas with knives and forks. If that bugs you eat your sushi correctly.

Comments

Popular Posts