For Ramya

I still remember the day you were in Karnataka for holidays, and I went to the hospital to learn that the blood clots aunty had were not a blood infection but leukemia... There was devastating silence in the room when I was told that. Uncle and I looked at each other just thinking of you. All I was wondering at that moment was Why?

The lovely Shantiaunty's picture at Ramya's wedding where we all missed her terribly
Going through the months that came ahead, seeing her slowly fade away, becoming weaker was so painful. This once radiant woman with a smile that won hearts of everyone around was lying in the hospital bed still managing to smile despite the horrible effects of chemotherapy.

The day she stopped recognizing us was the worst day ever. And I could see you looking at her helplessly and wanting her to just become normal again. I also remember calling Rohan, Srinith and others on the last day. Surrounded by everyone she loved she just went away....her last breath...

I have lost many loved ones Ramya but I can 'feel' her so strongly around when I sit and think of her. Her smiling face is soothing and calming till today. 

It was a coincidence to see your blog post on the calming rhythm of cooking and a filmaker friend Sailesh Ramaswamy sharing his friend's video on similar lines. This video is for you. Love you my dear friend.

Comments

  1. I was pleasantly surprised when you told me you dedicated a post to me though I knew what it will be about...I read your post, then reread it , then reread it. Everytime I read it, I would cry a little more. Yes, I very clearly remember every single day of those 2 and a half months Pari - of despair, hope and then unmatchable loss. And I am ever so grateful to you for being around and just being there. I still remember the night before she passed away, we both spent the whole night with her in the hospital, watching her helplessly, silently pleading to us to let her go. I don't think anyone else in the world will understand or experience what we went through that night... Thanks for this, and its true that she is around us , looking out for us, silently in her own way telling us whats the right thing to do. I loved the video- could relate to most of it. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) :( It is one of my strongest memories. You know when I read and watch the Pensieve bits of the Harry Potter books/movies, I wish there was real one and we could still extract those strong memories of moments spent with her and save them forever. And enter in them when we long to see her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you aunty :) I am so glad she has got someone like you as her MIL. Few of us are fortunate in that department :) She always talks so fondly of you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts