Butternut Squash Soup

Butternut Squash Soup by Parinita
Butternut Squash Soup, a photo by Parinita on Flickr.
So this is what my lunch looked like. Comforting bliss on a slow Saturday.  I arranged some chopped squash along with chunks of onion, garlic pods with their skin on and some rosemary on my roasting pan. Drizzled it with olive oil and put it in the oven at 350 degrees F for an hour and a half. By the time I completed my Saturday cleaning, it was nicely roasted and ready to be blended. Before putting in the blender I poured some vegetable stock and seasoned it. The soup was perfect.

Roasted squash is sweet and is flavoured with the caramelized onion, garlic and rosemary

Comments

  1. I am going to try this recipe this winter rather than picking up one off the shelf from the stores...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful clicks Parinita.....and abt Manjol eerethat ghatti....I always thought it was a complicated dish...until I made it myself...I hope you can get hold of turmeric leaves..
    cherie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Cherie..Will definitely make them if I find the leaves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious butternut squash soup! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Eftychia. I just saw your blog too. Loved it. I love baking too. Will refer your blog for some cook cake decoration tips an recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts