Diwali preparation of the day - Shankerpalli

Last evening I began making the traditional goodies for Diwali. The first has to be my all time favorite. Tukdi more commonly known as Shakerpalli or Shakarpara.

Shankerpalli by Parinita
                          Shankerpalli, a photo by Parinita on Flickr.
My mum makes the best Shakerpalli in the world. The ones that melt in your mouth. But as usual her recipe does not have fixed measurements which can be difficult for a person like me who prefers cooking new recipes with exact measurements. So once again I am dependent on Cherie to help. Her recent post uses the same ingredients and method that mom does. So I followed it step by step and voila it was a success. The only difference is I prefer them slightly darker in shade so I let them fry for longer on medium heat.


I am really proud of myself. Thanks Cherie and Mommy.

I have a made him a special batch which is separate from the ones I plan to give my friends on Laxmi  puja day.

Happy Diwali preparations to everyone :)

Comments

  1. I am sooooo proud of you!! muuahhh!! :-*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Parinita....i missed this post....glad u liked this...one of my viewers had actually left a comment saying that this tukdi was a complete flop...i started judging my measurements....glad to see that it turned out fine for you :)thank you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts