Forbidden Apple

I don't remember when I turned into a gadget geek. I dig technology. Without fancy gadgets the world would be such a boring place. Especially Apple products. Before DPReview, I always believed Macbooks, iPods and iPhones were unaffordable pieces of luxury meant only for the rich. But thanks to mobile phone contracts in the UK and US for iPhones, and a Macbook as my company laptop, I finally own these babies. Our home has also been christened with an iMac :). I have set the ball rolling. And my greed has taken a snowball effect. Now I want the latest generation of everything... I want them all!

The Apple iPhone 4GS that has been launched today :)

While a girlie girl prefers spending her earnings on bling and Jimmy Choos, I prefer reserving it for  fancy tech beauties. Seriously. I remember wishing that instead of gold for wedding, my parents gifted me a Macbook Pro or a Canon EOS 5D (Mark II wasn't released then). That was a secret wish. But of course, I got gold. And I still love them for that. (sheepish smile)

Sadly gadget satisfaction is very short-lived! No sooner companies launch one product, you know the next one is in the making and will be better! So wait or buy is always a stressful choice.

I remember one the worst days of my tech-crazed life was losing my iPhone 3GS, and that too in a charity race for cancer! I always thought good karma gives you good. Anyway, I remember mourning for it and getting a Windows 7 phone instead. Totally totally regret it. NEVER EVER.

Once you take a bite of the forbidden Apple, the lust is too powerful to feel the same for anything else again!

Update: A day after I wrote this post Apple announced Steve Jobs has passed away. It's a sad day. This man whose vision for design and technology took this world into the future deserves nothing but true respect. You will be missed. Apple wont be the same anymore :(

Comments

Popular Posts